Gingernuts Cookies

After my trip to Solo and Yogyakarta at the end of October 2011, I had promised myself not to travel for the next two months, until the Christmas time. For me, it's the perfect time to celebrate the season. *but honestly, at the first week of December, all of sudden I really miss travelling!

At the end of November, we started to decorate our christmas trees, put some lights on the windows, decorated the house and began to bake some christmas cookies while enjoying Michael Buble sings the beautiful christmas songs.

Xmas Tree Ornament1

Opening boxes that loaded with plenty of christmas ornaments, hanging one by one on the christmas tree brought me lots of beautiful memory of the Christmas in the past years. I still remember where exactly the ornaments we bought from or if we received it from someone.

Oh yes, this is the season to be jolly!

Gingernut Cookies

The Christmas Season always brings lots of joy...
Entering November, I was showered by new magazines and very good recipe books from my husband after he got back from overseas bussiness trips. You can imagine how heavy his luggage was that full of heavy books and magazines. hhm...I feel so blessed.

The first one that I chose to try is a cookie recipe from the Australian Women's Weekly; the Gingernuts Cookie. As the smell of spices is always related with this season, since the beginning... I imagine how my family would like this cookies.

No require a mixer, only a sauce pan, a mixing bowl, and some baking sheets; you can produce this delicious cookies. Easy peasy!

With just a 'little' effort, later on it put a big smile in my face every time I heard someone opened and closed the cookie jar repeatedly. My son is a big fan of this cookie.

That's the beauty of Christmas baking!

Gingernut Cookies Gingernut Cookies

Gingernuts
Source : The Australian Women's Weekly, Cupcakes & Cookies.

90 gr butter
1/3 cup (75 gr) firmly packed brown sugar
1/3 cup (115 gr) golden syrup (I used honey)
1 1/3 cups (200 gr) plain flour
3/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tbsp ground ginger (I used only 1 tsp)
1 tsp ground cinnamon (I used 1 1/2 tsp)
1/4 tsp ground clove

1. Preheat oven to 180 C (I prefer 160-170C, for the small cookies). Grase oven trays.
2. Stir butter, sugar and syrup in medium saucepan over low heat until smooth. Remove pan from heat; stir in sifted dry ingredients. Cool 10 minutes.
3. Roll rounded teaspoons of mixture into balls. Place about 3 cm apart on tray; flatten slightly.
4. Bake about 10 minutes; cool on trays.

Happy Christmas Baking!

Comments

Ira Rodrigues said…
aw< fotonya cakep..pasti cookienya juga yummy, book marked all the way. makasih udah disharing ya van
Suka foto yang pertama. Cantik :)
Vania said…
awww Ira, tengkyu. Cookienya yummy, temen minum teh kalo lagi ujan2 ...

Tika, thanks ya.
Mmm... i like this blog :**
CT Delima said…
Hai Vania

Gambar yang sangat menarik. saya suka melihatnya. Hubby saya juga minat pada photography.

Saya juga suka pada blog Vania salam kenal ya :)
Vania said…
Georgian Cuisine, thanks :)

Siti, terima kasih dah mampir. Salam kenal juga.